Flooding and Storm Damage Safety Tips for Eugene?
Our technicians in North Eugene and Northwest Lane County respond to storm damage emergencies in the Eugene area 24-hours a day. According to the City of Eugene, between 25 to 30 percent of flood losses occur in areas outside of high-flood-risk areas.
Here are some tips from Federal Emergency Management Agency on things you can do to stay safe during a flood:
- If told to evacuate, evacuate immediately. Never drive around barricades. Local responders use them to safely direct traffic out of flooded areas.
- Contact your health provider if you are sick and need medical attention. Wait for further care instructions and shelter in place, if possible. Call 9-1-1 if you have a medical emergency.
- Listen to EAS, NOAA Weather Radio, or local alerting systems for current information and instructions regarding flooding
- Get to the highest level if trapped in a building. Do not climb into a closed attic space and only get on the roof if necessary and once there is a signal for help.
- Stay off bridges and out of fast-moving water. Turn Around. Don’t Drown!
- Say inside your car if it is trapped in rapidly moving water. Get on the roof if water is rising inside the vehicle.
Call Us Today!
If your Eugene home or business has flooding or storm damage and needs our restoration services, our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County team is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.